Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Passing values between workbooks
Passing values between workbooks [message #198852] Wed, 18 October 2006 18:36 Go to next message
dcolpo
I'm trying to build a 2 stage query. For example, I know what fruit people eat. I want to know what other fruit those people who eat bananas eat. My 1st workbook has a query to select those people who eat bananas. I want to then pass those peoples names to the second workbook query which asks the original database to return all of these peoples info, regardless of the fruit.

Re: Passing values between workbooks [message #198999 is a reply to message #198852] Thu, 19 October 2006 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
You can't do that between different workbooks (as far as I know, that is). But can do it whithin a workbook, so between different sheets. If you lookup subquery in the reference, you'll find what you need.

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Passing values between workbooks [message #199005 is a reply to message #198999] Thu, 19 October 2006 10:32 Go to previous message
dcolpo
skooman,

Thanks for the tip. I'll do some research later today. Just knowing it's possible is very valuable. At least this way I know I'm not spinning my wheels on a dead end.

Dave
Previous Topic: RESPONSIBILITY DOES NOT SHOW UP IN DISCOVERER DESKTOP
Next Topic: Convert decimal to standard time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:23:30 CDT 2024