Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Select Multiple Values
Select Multiple Values [message #197131] Tue, 10 October 2006 03:28 Go to next message
kelliherj
Hi guys,

I'm new to this discoverer reporting tool and I was wondering could anyone help me with my problem.

Basically I'm create a report which is a mirror of an existing report with a few changes in the conditions.

I'm working on support for a project which has seen a load of these reports designed and created before I joined the project the creators having long since left.

The problem arises when I am doing a condition for period name where basically the user should select the months for the data he wants displayed. In the existing report there is a select multiple values option under Values when creating the condition and a drop down box to select these values on the report.

This does not exist on my report which has been designed from scratch. When I select the drop down list I have the option of:

Create Calculation..
Select Item..
Select Parameter..
New Parameter..
Create Subquery..

Whilst the new report has the existing option of

Select Multiple Values...

And you can see the available items to select (i.e. Jan 06) by checking the box. The items that can be multipally selected also appear, under these 6 items in bold print, under a line separator and you can see the full range of check boxes.

If anyone can help me set up this multiple value selection option I'd really appreciate it.

I can include screenshots if it will help anyone.
Cheers!
Re: Select Multiple Values [message #197679 is a reply to message #197131] Thu, 12 October 2006 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
It sounds like the report has a parameter with the option "select multiple values" checked. Furthermore, there is an item class with an LOV behind the item.

Parameter can be found in the menu (open the workbook in the User Edition): tools, parameters.
Item class is in the Administrator Edition, lookup the business area the item is in, go to the tab item classes and there it should be.

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Select Multiple Values [message #198317 is a reply to message #197679] Mon, 16 October 2006 09:43 Go to previous message
kelliherj
Cheers.
Got it to work now.
Thanks.
Previous Topic: how display record no in report
Next Topic: Problem of Images in Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:22:06 CDT 2024