Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report output to teletype printer
Report output to teletype printer [message #189705] Fri, 25 August 2006 13:08 Go to next message
annagel
I can't even believe I am asking this, but has anyone ever had the experience of outputting a report to a teletype printer? We have a department who now uses these carbon duplication forms and a typewriter to do their reporting. We are upgrading them to enter information directly into the Oracle HR system and will then print this to a report generated to look exactly like their old one.

Turns out they don't want this one because it is not multicolored like their old ones and layering five sheets of different colored paper on top of each other is too difficult. So they want us to try and get this printed to a teletype printer that will impact the paper and push the text through to the multiple copies.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this done? Just a start...and if you say it is not possible I would be thrilled!

Andrew
Re: Report output to teletype printer [message #191806 is a reply to message #189705] Fri, 08 September 2006 03:46 Go to previous message
sandeepk7

As you mentioned
they don't want this one because it is not multicolored like their old ones

You can print your report multicolored too through the same printer on which they are printing currently. Put color codes to Related PRT File and Use these codes to print your perticular fields colored.

Sandy
Previous Topic: REPORT IN SEVERAL PAGES
Next Topic: REP-0549: Destination type must be 'File', 'Printer', 'Mail', or 'Sysout' in batch mode.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 12:09:30 CDT 2024