Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Modify page count
Modify page count [message #166090] Tue, 04 April 2006 08:37 Go to next message
plavoie
I have a report on which i must insert a blank page to make sure that i start the next client on a seperate page. but i don't want to include the blank page in the total page count of the client. So if i have 3 pages, i insert a blank page but i want the report to show page 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc... Now i see page 1 of 4.

is there a way the modify the page count or not counting the last page

than's

[Updated on: Tue, 04 April 2006 08:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modify page count [message #166096 is a reply to message #166090] Tue, 04 April 2006 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atagore
Did I understand you correctly?
The trailer page will always be blank?
In that case, go to the Property Sheet for EACH page number field.
Click on "Page Numbering" (under Format Mask).
In the dialog box, uncheck "Trailer Section".
Re: Modify page count [message #166098 is a reply to message #166096] Tue, 04 April 2006 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plavoie
Sometimes the last page will be blank and sometimes not. it depends, each client are different. IT's because i'm printing in duplex mode (both side of the paper) so if a client as a even number of page, no need to insert a blank page, but in the case where the report as a odd number of page, i must insert a blank page and i don't want that page to be counted in the total number of page.

thank's
Re: Modify page count [message #166100 is a reply to message #166098] Tue, 04 April 2006 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atagore

Here is a suggestion from OTN
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=185051&#185051

re:Skip odd pages
Posted: May 27, 2002 10:11 PM in response to: rpitty Reply

ricardo,

understanding your question correctly, i assume you want to start the instances of your main repeating frame always on an odd page (e.g. 1,3,5,7,9) resulting in printing on the facing page in duplex printing.

you can do this by putting an object on the beginning of your block (e.g. a white line) and create a format trigger, that shows this object only on even pages. then you specify the page-break before property.

what happes is, that the first object that is formatted on the first page of each repeating-frame instance will be this object. if it happens to be on an even page (back of the physical sheet of paper), the object is formatted but before that a page-break is performed, hence the object will end up an an odd page (=facing side of the physical sheet of paper). in case your instance happens to be formatted onto an odd page, the object is not formatted and the page-break is not performed.

regards,
philipp

Re: Modify page count [message #166108 is a reply to message #166100] Tue, 04 April 2006 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plavoie
This is the solution that i applied to the report. But the extra page (blank page) when showed is part of the body of the report and it's counted in the total report page counter. But i don't want the blank page to be include in the total count page for the repetitive section of the report.

the report should look like this example

Page 1 of 3
page 2 of 3
page 3 of 3
blank page
page 1 of 2
page 2 of 2

and now it's more like

Page 1 of 4
page 2 of 4
page 3 of 4
blank page
page 1 of 2
page 2 of 2

thank's
Re: Modify page count [message #166141 is a reply to message #166090] Tue, 04 April 2006 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atagore

Do you know before printing page 1 that a blank page will be needed?

If yes...

Make the current Total Pages field a hidden field.
Create a "Place Holder" field for Total Pages.
Create a Program Unit to populate this Place Holder field.
The logic in the program unit makes this field value one less than Total Physical pages in the hidden field when blank page is to be printed.

Page 1 of (calculated 4 minus 1)
page 2 of (calculated 4 minus 1)
page 3 of (calculated 4 minus 1)
blank page
page 1 of (calculated 2 minus 0)
page 2 of (calculated 2 minus 0)
Re: Modify page count [message #166983 is a reply to message #166141] Mon, 10 April 2006 12:36 Go to previous message
plavoie
No, but is there a way to know that (the number of page). Because right now, i'm evaluating on tha last page of the report if it's an odd or an even page and if it's a odd page, i insert the blank page.

thank'S again
Previous Topic: Error----------------------------Plz Help
Next Topic: I'm new to Oracle discoverer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 15:21:49 CDT 2024