Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » how to compare a parameter with more than one fields in discoverer?
how to compare a parameter with more than one fields in discoverer? [message #163180] Wed, 15 March 2006 06:23 Go to next message
r_revathi31
Hi,

I am giving a parameter while running a discoverer report. I want to compare that parameter value with more than one fields. I tried it in conditions. But only the corresponding field is coming in the list of values. For example if the parameter is a date, i want to compare that date with some fields like booked_date, ordered_date, creation date etc., I don't know what to do. Can anyone give me a solution for this?
Re: how to compare a parameter with more than one fields in discoverer? [message #163225 is a reply to message #163180] Wed, 15 March 2006 10:40 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi,

Well, you do have to decide what you *do* want in the LOV, if you don't want the contents of the item you based the parameter on (the LOV must be based on something, right?).

If you want a whole "fake calender" (all dates this year or something - although I doubt if that's convenient in december Wink to be the LOV, you can create a custom folder, populate that with all required dates (search this forum to find out how to do this using SQL). Create a new class item with you custom folder as an alternate sort and add all you date items to it.
Now, no matter what date item you start with, the parameters you create will use your new LOV.

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Null values in Discoverer Viewer and Plus
Next Topic: Barcode without fonts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 13:33:31 CDT 2024