Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Collaboration & Content Management » Lots of Question about Collab. Suite 10g
icon8.gif  Lots of Question about Collab. Suite 10g [message #150204] Tue, 06 December 2005 13:42 Go to next message
cdubaz
Hi, I'm very new to Oracle Collaboration Suite but have been thrown into the ring and will be the Collaboration Suite Admin. Our IT dept. is small so our DBA is the one researching, installing and testing. We currently are using an older version of Oracle email, ver. 5.x and using Mozilla as the front-end. I'm told that we are to roll out Collab. Suite 10g on Dec. 17th but we have so many unanswered questions that if left unanswered, will cause huge problems for our user community.

Here's what our DBA has told us: CS 10g's new web client does not include a spell checker???
There's no way to migrate our numerous distribution lists and even more important, the distribution lists that send announcements to our agents outside of the company. Each Agency has an alias such as 386_ then there will be several agents and their email addresses within that distribution list. I'm told that either we use an "Announcement" list or a "Quick" list both of which will either need to be retyped or have the users and/or agents subscribe to the list. This is not the type of list we were hoping for. This sounds like the type of list like Yahoo where you reply to the list and it posts it for everyone to see etc. We don't want that. And, we don't want the Agents to be able to hit Reply to all and send email to all the other unrelated agents all over the country.

Has our DBA described this accurately? Is anyone out there using the CS 10g? It sounds ridiculous that they'd release a product that has fewer features than their previous version. At least the older Web Email client has spell check. But if our users cannot type in "dl_" on the TO: line and get back a list of all the in-house distribution lists to choose from or type in an agent's number and get back a list of the various associated agents at that agency, they will be very, very unhappy.

Our DBA says that we may have to take someone's personal contact list and "publish" it and make it public?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Again, please excuse my ignorance. I've taken the Supporting user class but it did not go into any of this type of thing.

TIA.
Connie
Re: Lots of Question about Collab. Suite 10g [message #151101 is a reply to message #150204] Tue, 13 December 2005 02:47 Go to previous message
raulo
Hi,

I'm studying and working with Oracle Collaboration Suite 10g by the first day they have released the product and first I have followed the beta test fase.

I have developed this portal:

http://ocs.idrasoftware.com

from where you can find informations and try the product on-line on a Demo-Box I have installed for our customers...

About spell check i think it work... but you can try it in the Demo portal..

I'm sorry, its in italian. If you have problems you can go here:
<br>
http://www.ocsidra.com and put in as username: demo as password: welcome1...

I hope this has been helpful for you.
Mauro Casula.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2005 02:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracle JDBC Batch Update Error
Next Topic: Content Management in OCS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:32:38 CDT 2024