Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Need help in Oracle Discovere Report
Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #147301] Thu, 17 November 2005 02:06 Go to next message
sourajit_seth
Hi guys,
I am building a report using Oracle Discoverer .I have a problem to show the value of report parameters in the report page along with other values .
i.e. I mean I have one table say x and one column y (date field). I created 2 parameters "from date" and "to date" and applied condition to retrive the rows where y lies between from date and to date. Report is getting generated in the choosen range only, but I want to show this range in the report as follows
From Date : Value To date : Value
In the report page also.

Please advise .
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #147306 is a reply to message #147301] Thu, 17 November 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiran
Have a look at this Oracle Documentation.

3.11.6 Selecting parameters to include in the Runtime Parameter Form
To select parameters to include in the Runtime Parameter Form:
1. Choose Tools > Parameter Form Builder.
2. In the Parameter Form Builder, click the parameters you want to include in the
Runtime Parameter Form.
3. Modify the parameter labels as desired.
4. Click OK to display the Paper Parameter Form view.
3.11.7 Displaying the Parameter Form at runtime
To display the Runtime Parameter Form when you run your report:
1. Choose Edit > Preferences to display the Preferences dialog box.
2. On the Runtime Settings page, make sure that the Parameter Form check box is
selected.

--Kiran.
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #147307 is a reply to message #147306] Thu, 17 November 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sourajit_seth
Thanks for quick response, but
I am able to create the parameters, the problem is to show them in report printable page.
In the Edit there is no Proference option.
I am using Discoverer Admin and Desktop version 4.1
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #147406 is a reply to message #147307] Thu, 17 November 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Hi,

You can have the parameternames and -values in the title area (use &parameters). Or isn't that what you mean?

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #150024 is a reply to message #147301] Tue, 06 December 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saritha_says

You can create the Date Parameter in the Title filed of the work sheet.

Navigation:

Sheet-->Edit Title

Edit Title Window Opens. There U need to give the parameters you want to give.

Example: Report Run Date: &From Date &To Date

Hope this will solve your Prolem.

Thanks and Regards,
Sarith

Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #151703 is a reply to message #150024] Sun, 18 December 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
minal76
hello

i create a report in this i use two list view for vendor name

and batch name ... i have to ask you now i want only that
batch name related to vendor name only ,

its just like country and cities eg. supose i click india in 1 list view related cities like mum ,pun,banglo , chennai .... have to populte in city list box

can you tel me solution of this
minal
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #151748 is a reply to message #151703] Sun, 18 December 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sourajit_seth
Hello,
Can u please be specific , how r u creating the folder, by sql query or view ? Anyway assuming 2 diff folders for vendor and batch, I think u can create a join bt these folders and in the join condition u can refer
< batch table>.vendor name = <vendor table>.vendor name

Hope it will serve ur purpose.

Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #164687 is a reply to message #147301] Fri, 24 March 2006 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spinky
Hi Sourajit,

Can we create condition between two parameters in Discoverer..
Like considering Emp & Dept Tables..
I created two parameters one for deptno lov& other for empno lov.Now what i want is, if suppose i select deptno '10' from deptno parameter,then the empno parameter should populate empno's corresponding to deptno 10..
Hope u understood my problem..
Plz help me out
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #164823 is a reply to message #164687] Sun, 26 March 2006 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sourajit_seth
HI Spinky,
As per my knowledge it is not possible.
I faced same problem last month, finally I decided to make the dependent parameter (emp no in ur case) as page item, in order to pull the data based on first parameter ( dept no). U can try with it if possible.

Sourajit
Re: Need help in Oracle Discovere Report [message #165156 is a reply to message #164823] Tue, 28 March 2006 10:14 Go to previous message
spinky
Thanks a lot Sourajit.Even I tried a lot on this,but couldn't make it work.May be there is no such functionality provided in discoverer.
Previous Topic: How to display a subtotal of the previous page?
Next Topic: Discoverer 3.1, Query timeout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 13:43:05 CDT 2024