Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Big Report paging problem
icon3.gif  Big Report paging problem [message #141331] Sun, 09 October 2005 02:48 Go to next message
m_ashtiani
HI All,

Running oracle forms/reports services on Fedora 4
workstation, windows XP SP2

I use my program to setup parameters to call a report. based on parameters i get large/small reports. i observe following behaviour:

report size 30-40 pages:

both Firefox and IE run without any problems. all paging/fonts are fine.

report size 90 pages:

IE struggles. i see garbage on screen. pagings are screwed up. IE may terminate the report without actually finishing the report <<done.>> ??.
Firefox runs the same report with proper formatting. it gets slower to retrieve data (adding pages) as it gets towards the end. when i close the report page, Firefox spend a couple of minutes cleaning up memory, meanwhile workstation is too damn slow.

report size 200-800 pages:

IE is the same messed up paging plus slow page retrievals.
Firefox, pretty much crashes or gives that impression. ( as they add up pages the browsers get slower to a point of one page every 10 seconds, which is strange because its the show.document event and report is already ready)

notes:
the reports can grow to over 300MB on IE. I have 1GB memory on XP so there is still memory available.

neither my app servers or database servers are busy during report retrieval

questions:
anybody had font/paging issue with IE? and is there a workaround?

has anybody experienced this browser behaviour with long running report?

any suggestions?
Re: Big Report paging problem [message #141332 is a reply to message #141331] Sun, 09 October 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_ashtiani
just adding that report is in .rdf format.
Re: Big Report paging problem [message #141400 is a reply to message #141332] Mon, 10 October 2005 01:02 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have moved this thread to the reports forum. Hope you get an answer there.

David
Previous Topic: how to use a ref cursor in report 6i
Next Topic: Report Printing Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 05:14:40 CDT 2024