Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » very urgent.
very urgent. [message #117960] Mon, 02 May 2005 02:58 Go to next message
doraistud
Hi Everyone,
I need help in reports. actually its very much PC specific. Its erroring out when i run that report. its due to some windows setting. its basically erroring out in TEXT FEILDS only. Kindly help me out. Its very urgent. whenever i run its throwing out the following error.

error message: rep-1814 report cannot be formatted object "vertically" can never fir within the B_49

Thanks in advance
Dorairaj
Re: very urgent. [message #120048 is a reply to message #117960] Tue, 17 May 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prathibha_1201
Cause: The referenced object is causing the most recently formatted page to start with exactly the same state as the page previous . Formatting will therefore cycle until abnormally terminated. Possible causes of this error include:
Case 1: An object whose Print Condition type is All overflows to the next page;
Case 2: An object whose sizing is Variable or Expand does not appear to extend beyond page boundaries in the Layout Model editor but does when the report is formatted;
Case 3: A repeating frame does not appear to extend beyond page boundaries in the Layout Model editor but does when the report is formatted.
Action 1: Using the referenced object as a guide, examine your report layout for objects that may extend beyond page boundaries. Note: The object referenced in the message is the object that extends beyond the boundary. This object may be pushed beyond the boundary by another object, and this second object may need modification.
Action 2: This error can also be caused by a Page Protect or Anchoring Object in the Report that is forcing the report to print groups of data on the same page. Remove the Page Protect or the Anchoring Object if possible or create a Group Frame around the all the objects that are supposed to print on the first logical page, and make the frame Vertical Sizing Variable.

this is from help menu in report builder.i think if u read it can help u .
Re: very urgent. [message #120135 is a reply to message #120048] Tue, 17 May 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doraistud
Thanks for your inputs. actually i tried various options mentioned. But when i reloaded D2K s/w, its working fine!!
Take Care
Raj
Re: very urgent. [message #198075 is a reply to message #117960] Sat, 14 October 2006 06:30 Go to previous message
ridwan.dalvi
Same problem was encountered where as the report works fine while running from Report builder. But gives similar error while running from report server. Actually it is my finding that if we use font Times New Roman in our reports and if the font is not bold and the font size is 12 then similar error may popup. Check by changing the font size and check whether the appropriate font is installed on the Report server.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 October 2006 06:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Password Expired
Next Topic: Read parameter in query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 10:48:29 CDT 2024