Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Deploying Oracle report with graphs
Deploying Oracle report with graphs [message #112356] Thu, 24 March 2005 11:15 Go to next message
mgole
Hi

I have created a web layout for a oracle 9i report.It has a graph in it.We have created the graph by modifying the web source.When i run it as a web layout thru report builder it displays the graphs.

But when i deploy it on the Report server 10g, the report runs successfully but the graph does not show up and a blank page is displayed.

I doubt when we deploy the report it is pulling out the paper layout.Is there a setting anywhere where we can specify that we want a web layout to come up when we deploy the report.

Madhukar
Re: Deploying Oracle report with graphs [message #112468 is a reply to message #112356] Fri, 25 March 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Corey
In your concurrent program definition, how did you define the output? It sounds like you defined as HTML, but I wanted to double-check, otherwise it would be strange that the report request would finish without an error.

I am encountering a similar problem when I run my chart reports. Most of my reports make use of the PDF output, but due to some constraints (mainly Adobe Reader creates postscript images whereas HTML reads the bitmapped image which affects the use of different fill patterns) I do not see my graphics either. When I run the reports as .PDF there is no problem with the display (other than the fill patterns). So I tried changing the Output to HTML and the report does run, but my chart is missing as well as my logo (essentially embedded graphics).

Does anyone know what you need to do to have an HTML Output report display graphics? Shouldn't the graphics be displayed based on the environment variables declared on server machine? Or do you have to import the files into the report versus a straight copy & paste of the graphic from another report?

All help is appreciated!

Regards,
Steve
Re: Deploying Oracle report with graphs [message #112497 is a reply to message #112468] Sat, 26 March 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mgole
Finally I could deploy the report.When we want to deploy reports having graphs in forms 9i we have cannot modify the web source to insert graphs.We have to modify the paper layout(use chart wizard) to do it.
My output was in pdf format.

Madhukar
Re: Deploying Oracle report with graphs [message #167477 is a reply to message #112497] Thu, 13 April 2006 04:33 Go to previous message
kal_youssef

Dear Madhukar

How did you deploy the reports on the internet? i tried to deploy them but i dont know how? Whats the port number? and do i start which service im new to oracle reports

your help is appreciated
regards

Kal
Previous Topic: Conversion of reports generated in oracle 6i to excel files
Next Topic: Run report from batch file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 15:13:06 CDT 2024