Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » who dares to give the solution
who dares to give the solution [message #86323] Tue, 21 September 2004 09:14 Go to next message
fanni
hi

can u please guide me what is compressor and how to use it.

I have made character report that opens in corrcet in the previewer but when it is printed,  it is printed on 8 inches instead of 14 inch page width.
I have tried all the .prt files existing in the Oracle Reports folder.

SYSTEM PARAMETERS
                                Mode = printer
                                desformat= WIDE
i am in a fix, getting no solution.
I have tried a lot. Read all the postings on 'ORAFAQ REPORTS group' related to character mode.
and tried almost all solutions.

I am not geeting appropriates answer. Plz help me.
Regards
Farhan Ashraf

Re: who dares to give the solution [message #86324 is a reply to message #86323] Tue, 21 September 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve
Farhan -

If you do not have a problem with setting this manually (meaning that you will always print with 14 inches) then you need to change the Orientation from Portrait to Landscape. This is accomplished by using the Object Navigator. Click the + next to the Layout Model node. Next, right click on the Main Section node to bring up the property palette. From here set your height and width appropriately, and change Orientation from Default (or Portrait) to Landscape.

I'm sure you can do this programmatically and dynamically, but I have no use for this knowledge yet, so I can't help you there.

HTH,
Steve
Re: who dares to give the solution [message #86381 is a reply to message #86323] Mon, 27 September 2004 05:16 Go to previous message
magnetic
i once encountered the same problem in a project.
worked in a unix environment.
what i still can remember of it is that the setting was done at unix-level. they probably made or set a envirnment-variable or a file for formats of printoutput/papers.

so its not a reportbug or something, its just unix and printersettings.
Previous Topic: Do anyone help. all of you please
Next Topic: CAN ANY ONE HELP ? PLZZZZZZ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 17:15:41 CDT 2024