Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how can a choose directory path
how can a choose directory path [message #86301] Mon, 20 September 2004 12:18 Go to next message
nidhi
hi, How do I choose the path to save the file that is created using Forms( using TEXT_IO). I want to save data as excel file and give user the functionality to choose the path to save. I am using developer 9i
Re: how can a choose directory path [message #86309 is a reply to message #86301] Mon, 20 September 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Attached D2KWUTIL.pll to your form and make use of
Win_API_Dialog.Save_File option as follows:

L_FileName := NULL;
Out_File := 'R0631'||TO_CHAR(sysdate,'YYYYMMDD')||'_'||TO_CHAR(sysdate,'HH24MISS')||'_'||1;||'.CSV';

L_FileName :=Win_API_Dialog.Save_File(Out_File,'Save File As','C:Temp','All Files(*.*)&#124*.csv|',True,1,True);

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: how can a choose directory path [message #86337 is a reply to message #86309] Wed, 22 September 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nidhi
thanks but where do I download this d2kwutl.pll from ?
Re: how can a choose directory path [message #86338 is a reply to message #86309] Wed, 22 September 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nidhi
I mean is is something like webutil or is it same? Any steps for downloading and including it?
I have configured webutil --getting problem --urgent [message #86363 is a reply to message #86309] Fri, 24 September 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
webutil problem -- urgent
I have downloaded and configured webutil,

I have attached webutil.pll and copied the webutil object group to my form but still having problem.

WUC-015 form must contain the following bean for the function to be available
oracle.forms.webutil.file.filefunctions

Any advice?????????
Re: I have configured webutil --getting problem --urgent [message #86379 is a reply to message #86363] Mon, 27 September 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
Did you configure your forms.cfg accordingly?

If not, then Change your formsweb.cfg file with the following line:

webUtilArchive=/forms90/webutil/webutil.jar,/forms90/webutil/jacob.jar

Make sure that the orion-web.xml file you are using have the following:

<virtual-directory virtual-path="/webutil" real-path="C:oracleWebUtil/lib" />

[[Note the forward and back slashes...]]

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
did it but still have same problem [message #86384 is a reply to message #86379] Mon, 27 September 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nidhi
Acually I have configured it on a different path on F drive and I have added corresponding to it

webUtilArchive=f:/nd/lib/webutil.jar,f:/nd/jacob.jar

each jar are at this path.

virtual-directory virtual-path="/webutil" real-path="F:/nd/lib" />

Please tell me all the steps I should check, where I could have made mistake, I have tried it myself.

I always have confusion in terms of / and , could you please tell me where to use what?

Am I using the right one?
Re: I have configured webutil --getting problem --urgent [message #86388 is a reply to message #86379] Mon, 27 September 2004 07:13 Go to previous message
nidhi
datablock item webutil shows each of the item
webutil.file.filefunctions
webutil.host_functions

but if I try to open to open it in layout editor it gives the errors that

FRM 13008: cannot find javabean with name 'oracle.forms.webutil.file.filefuntion'
Previous Topic: AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING LOV / RECORD GROUP PLEASE HELP.
Next Topic: joining 2 tables & selecting the most recent record via date field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 17:13:38 CDT 2024