Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Convert 30 lakhs records in .txt to Oracle database
Convert 30 lakhs records in .txt to Oracle database [message #85986] Thu, 19 August 2004 02:05 Go to next message
M.P.Rao

Hello,

I want to convert 30 lakhs records which in .txt format. each record contains 8 fields like Name, Email adress, phone number, Address, Description, which is repeating 30 lakhs times with Nothing remaining fixed all are varying and primary key is name.

I want to convert these records which is in .txt format to oracle data base , kindly let me know which would be fastest way to do the digitization of converting .txt to oracle database and withing how many days i could do this . what would be the minimum number of computers / systems required to complete this job in 10 Days time.

Please provide immediate help.

thank you

M.P.Rao

Logixsoft
Re: Convert 30 lakhs records in .txt to Oracle database [message #85987 is a reply to message #85986] Thu, 19 August 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
One Oracle Database Server,One Oracle client,One control file will suffice to complete this.

Time to write control file 10-20 minutes.
Time to load 3 million records using Sql*loader with parameter DIRECT=Y approx. 2 hrs.

Make use of SQL*loader to do this.

Proble over here is that you may not be able to create a Primary key on your Table becuase as you say Primary key is Name which is impossible to achive practically as you may not have 3 million Unique names in your data.

So think of some other Primary Key.If you think that you need to dicard the Duplicate names then first load data into a Temporary table and then move it to the final table.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Please provide specific detailed solution [message #85991 is a reply to message #85987] Thu, 19 August 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.P.Rao
Thank you Mr.Himanshu for that help, would like to know if i can use Data Migration Tool to convert .txt to .dbf and then to ORACLE DATABASE using sql loader.

kindly let meknw if i will have to create a front end form in D2K forms to save the forms and convert them to oracle data base using SQL Loader.

can you tell me how to use SQL loader, please let me know the script to be used.

I am new to oracle , so kindly let me know how to use SQL LOADER. i have put my example . please troubleshoot my problem, i will be thankful to you.

Project : - conversion of .txt file to Oracle data base.

Data in .txt format: - Records of People containing following details: -

ONE RECORD CONTAINS BELOW MENTIONED FIELDS.
1. Name: -
2. Email Address: -
3.Address: -
4.Phone Number: -
5. Fax Number: -
6. SSN Number: -
7.Description: - In 2-3 lines will be mentioned about the service provided.

Such 30 million records will be there. i.e repetative records all are variables.

Kindly let me know how to use SQL loader here ..please be specific and descriptive or mention in detail please.

Please provide solution

thank you
M.P.Rao
Re: Please provide specific detailed solution [message #85996 is a reply to message #85991] Thu, 19 August 2004 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prashant
Another thing you can do is open the txt file in excel and Using concat function in word make a insert command
For eg

=CONCATENATE("Insert into Emp(Empno,Ename) values(",C12,D12,")")

something like this Copy this function on all the 30 million rows

then paste special it as values.
Make a file and call it in SQl this will create recs

But it will take a day to do so so i suggest SQL Loarder. Is is Available in Enterprise manager.
yuo will have to install it seperately
Re: Please provide specific detailed solution [message #85998 is a reply to message #85996] Thu, 19 August 2004 21:21 Go to previous message
prashant
If you don't mind sending the file accross I can do it 4 u.

contact prashant_nz@yahoo.co.uk
Previous Topic: How to convert .txt files to .dbf format and load the .dbf to oracle database.
Next Topic: POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 13:46:30 CDT 2024