Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Messages are displayed in Alerts
Messages are displayed in Alerts [message #85776] Wed, 28 July 2004 06:10 Go to next message
rita
Hi,

I have one small problem. I have just created a form. When I commit or do any operation . The messages are displayed in alert boxes. Can I disable this. I have not created any alerts. They are shown automatically.

Thanks
Re: Messages are displayed in Alerts [message #85779 is a reply to message #85776] Wed, 28 July 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tak Tang
Messages are displayed in alert boxes when you get lots of messages one after another.

eg

message('hello');
message('there');

The first message will appear in an alert box, but the second will appear on the message line as normal.

If you wanted to suppress them, I guess you could intercept them with ON-MESSAGE or ON-ERROR triggers, but you really neeed to consider why those messages are appearing in the first place.

Takmeister
Re: Messages are displayed in Alerts [message #85808 is a reply to message #85776] Sat, 31 July 2004 00:05 Go to previous message
MNRaju
This problem comes when there is more than one message (ready to display) in the message queue. To solve this problem, do the following..

Search MESSAGE statement in your form. If you find..add CLEAR_MESSAGE built-in before each MESSAGE statement.
If any message is displayed while executing any form built-in (like COMMIT_FORM, EXECUTE_QUERY) then add CLEAR_MESSAGE statement before that built-in your program.
Previous Topic: flex
Next Topic: * Windows2000 collapsed, How to retrive data *
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 22:03:49 CDT 2024