Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Diff between Object Libraries & PL/SQL Libraries
Diff between Object Libraries & PL/SQL Libraries [message #85717] Sat, 24 July 2004 03:32 Go to next message
K.Sateeshkumar
Hai Guy's

I want know the Difference between the object libraries and a Pl/Sql Libraries.

Regards
K.Sateeshkumar
Re: Diff between Object Libraries & PL/SQL Libraries [message #85718 is a reply to message #85717] Sat, 24 July 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tak Tang
PL/SQL libraries can only hold PL/SQL - procedures, functions and packages. When you compile a PL/SQL library, it produces a '.plx' file which does not contain the source code. If you distribute this instead of your '.pll' file, then you can protect your source code from other people.

Object libraries can hold other types of objects, such as alerts, triggers, windows, canvases, record groups, list-of-values. There is no 'compiled' version of an object library, so if you store a trigger in an Object Library, then the source code is visible.

Takmeister
Re: Diff between Object Libraries & PL/SQL Libraries [message #86691 is a reply to message #85718] Tue, 19 October 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ale Kaplun
Guys,

I've got into situation when I call PL/SQl stored procedure from the form. This procedure belongs to the PL/SQL Library.
When I'm trying to compile form I'm getting the message:

Identifier must be declared.

So I'm assuming it does not recognize the procedure from the library for some reason.
Release of Forms is 6i.
Can anybody help?
Re: Diff between Object Libraries & PL/SQL Libraries [message #86692 is a reply to message #86691] Tue, 19 October 2004 21:14 Go to previous message
Himanshu
Hi,
Have you attached the PL/SQL i.e. your PLL file to your Form?
If not then the form will not compile.
If yes then check if the Procedure/function or varibale which is being used exists in PLL or not.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Previous Topic: sort display by clicking on head of column in forms
Next Topic: Checking File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 17:37:26 CDT 2024