Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle reports - multiple connections
Oracle reports - multiple connections [message #79881] Sat, 20 July 2002 07:04 Go to next message
Vani Viswanathan
Hi,

I have a query which will access tables in more than one database and display. When I run the query, it says table does not exist - because I am connected to DB1 and the error says table in the DB2 does not exist. How to have two connections at the same time and how to differentiate between those ?

Thanks
Vani
Re: Oracle reports - multiple connections [message #79890 is a reply to message #79881] Mon, 22 July 2002 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katharina
Hello vani!

I think the problems is that the user you are working with has not enough access rights to DB2. Give him some read or write access rights. When you are connected to DB1, call the different tables in your select statement by putting the database name in front of the table name. (db1.tablename1, db2.tablename2)

Greetz kat
Re: Oracle reports - multiple connections [message #85865 is a reply to message #79890] Thu, 05 August 2004 06:52 Go to previous message
Melissa Newport
I am having the same problem, except I need to connect to a ODBC connection and a Oracle Database at the same time. Oracle Reports is only allowing one connection, how do I get around this?
Previous Topic: forms 4.5 and forms 6.0
Next Topic: recovery from database .
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 22:03:39 CDT 2024