Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Load data from text file into a table using SQLLDR (Windows2016, Oracle19c, Forms12c)
Load data from text file into a table using SQLLDR [message #689217] Thu, 19 October 2023 02:27 Go to next message
snsiddiqui
Dear All,

I want to create a form, to load data and create invoices using SQL Loader, my software users will load text files data (that would be available in their computer).  I am already doing this exercise in forms 6i but now I want to create this form in forms12c.

Scenario:
 Operating System : Windows2016 Server
 Database         : Oracle 19c
 Forms            : Forms 12c

My software will work in 3tier enviornment.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 October 2023 02:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Load data from text file into a table using SQLLDR [message #689225 is a reply to message #689217] Tue, 24 October 2023 06:19 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
For Forms 6i (presuming that you didn't deploy application to the web) it was easy (kind of) as it was a client-server version, which means that you actually copied forms to all client computers and could use the HOST built-in procedure to call executables (such as SQL*Loader) that reside on hard disk on your own PC.

For higher Forms versions, which weren't client-server any more, HOST could call an executable, but which resides on IAS (Internet Application Server) or (in newer versions) Web Logic Server - not on your PC. It means that you should use Webutil.

Have a look here: https://www.oracle.com/tools/technologies/forms-webutil.html

Quote:

WebUtil provides a simple way to achieve client side integration while running Oracle Forms from a web application server like WebLogic Server. It simplifies the upgrading of older client/server applications to web deployment, and enhances the capabilities of web based Oracle Forms applications.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 October 2023 06:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracle Forms Error \Orant\DBS\FMCUS.MSG not found
Next Topic: biomatric
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:09:57 CDT 2024