Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Separate queries in one report with page filter (Oracle Reports 6)
Separate queries in one report with page filter [message #656031] Wed, 21 September 2016 02:15 Go to next message
OraFerro
Hi All,

I have a legacy report on Oracle Report 6 which I have very limited experience in.

Report Scope
- I have a report that takes one parameter (customer ID)
- The report should show all customer withdrawals for this year, all customer payments for this year, and all customer charges for this year each in a separate table. So three tables one for payment, second for withdrawal, and a third for charges.
- The report should display each month in one page. So Jan should show Jan Withdrawals in a table, Jan Payments in a Table, and Jan Charges...etc.

Preparation:
- I have three SQL statements (for Withdrawal, Payments, and Charges) all prepared to take one parameter (Customer ID) and will return transactions for this customer ID during current year showing the month number as a separate field.

Problem Definition/Needed support:
- As I have the queries ready and prepared as three separate queries with no link between them:
1- I need to know which feature (in the layout/or in general) I can use so that I can place the output of each SQL in the areas/tables and make the report filter the data by month and display the relevant data in each table which writing the month as the report header.
2- Is there any better way to do it?

Many Thanks,
Ferro

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2016 02:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Separate queries in one report with page filter [message #656068 is a reply to message #656031] Wed, 21 September 2016 14:31 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Here's an idea - try it and see whether it works or not.
  • create another query which will select all months for that customer (either by UNION of all three tables, or using a row generator)
  • use a data link tool and link months from current three queries to the newly created "Months" query
  • let the wizard create a paper layout (that would probably be a "Group Above", month being the group
  • set the "Break after" property to Yes for the group (month) frame
  • run the report
Previous Topic: Issue in barcode generated using true type font in oracle report
Next Topic: Upgrading Oracle8i to Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:18:53 CDT 2024