Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to display a report in Russian on Linux with data in English at back-end??? (Oracle Reports 10g Rel.2)
How to display a report in Russian on Linux with data in English at back-end??? [message #610359] Wed, 19 March 2014 09:42 Go to next message
mazam

Dear Gurus
I need to display and print a report in Russian language on client PCs which are running Linux OS.
My data is stored in English in Oracle Database 10g Rel.2.
My reports are Web-based generated from Oracle Reports 10g Rel.2.
Clients are using Mozilla Firefox browser.
So can you guide me that how to accomplish this job?
Thanks.
Re: How to display a report in Russian on Linux with data in English at back-end??? [message #610388 is a reply to message #610359] Wed, 19 March 2014 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does it mean that you want report to, actually, translate text written in English to Russian (and, additionally, use cyrillic font)?

I don't know how to do any of above as I don't have any experience with multi-language or multi-anything reports - I'm just trying to get some more info for people who might be able to assist.
Re: How to display a report in Russian on Linux with data in English at back-end??? [message #610402 is a reply to message #610388] Wed, 19 March 2014 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazam

Dear guru....translation is not required by the client, just show it in Russian.
Re: How to display a report in Russian on Linux with data in English at back-end??? [message #610405 is a reply to message #610402] Wed, 19 March 2014 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Read what andrew_again said in UTF8 russian compatibility and see whether it makes things clearer.

Otherwise, you might just try to create a report and choose one of cyrillic fonts you have on your ocmputer and see what happens. If this is what you want, good - just make sure that the same font exists on IAS.
Re: How to display a report in Russian on Linux with data in English at back-end??? [message #612505 is a reply to message #610405] Sun, 20 April 2014 09:08 Go to previous message
mazam

Dear LittleFoot

First of all...very sorry for giving up this post with pending status...It is so because I was sent on a different project on a remote site by my Boss and I got busy there.

I had tried yours suggestion and also made some changes to my "uifont.ali" reports font file, but of no use.

Should I also change NLS_CHARACTERSET of my database from "WE8MSWIN1252" to "AL32UTF8"? so that reports may be able to convert language according to selected font....Thanks.

Previous Topic: Report Records display problem
Next Topic: REP-1415: 'beforereport': Unknown user exit 'FND'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:16:52 CDT 2024