Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » What does it mean to have insert on ....
What does it mean to have insert on .... [message #53002] Fri, 23 August 2002 06:27 Go to next message
Kenneth Carrera
i am reviewing my privileges, and I am not sure if my users have too much access. Right they have:

INSERT on SYSTEM.USER_PRIVS

does this mean they can update their own privileges?

Thanks for any help offered,

Kenneth
Re: What does it mean to have insert on .... [message #53009 is a reply to message #53002] Fri, 23 August 2002 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
I don't have that table or view in either SYS or SYSTEM. I also did a grep in the rdbms/admin directory and got no hits. Is it possible this table was created in SYSTEM and isn't an Oracle table. What is the structure of the table and is there any data in it.
Re: What does it mean to have insert on .... [message #53017 is a reply to message #53009] Fri, 23 August 2002 10:31 Go to previous message
Kenneth
Grant,

thanks so much for your quick response.

I really do not know how the table is created. I just was concerned because I did not know whether or not my database users had the ability to update their own privileges.

Thanks again,

Ken
Previous Topic: Re: Oracle Instance
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:05:45 CDT 2024