Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Database
Database [message #53001] Fri, 23 August 2002 05:32 Go to next message
sahaslad
Hi All,
I am having problem while connecting to database.
I had a script which was connecting to my default database installed when installing Oracle 8.1.6. The script worked fine.
The Problem started when I created one more database using the Database Configuration Assistant and the script was giving login denied ERROR.

I think this could be because the script could be connecting to the new database and thatswhy not executing.

Any suggestions...

thanks for ur help.
Sahas
Re: Database [message #53093 is a reply to message #53001] Wed, 28 August 2002 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yram
hi

do tell me to what database u like to connect,

waiting for the reply.
yram
Re: Database [message #53095 is a reply to message #53001] Wed, 28 August 2002 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sahaslad
I will tell you what problem i am facing in brief:
I have made 2 database in Oracle first one was made by installing oracle itself and second which i made through the Database Configuration Assistant.
Now the problem is when there was the first database the script worked fine but when the second database was installed then i think the script was confused to which database to connect...

Any Suggestions.....

Waiting 4 reply....
Re: Database [message #53097 is a reply to message #53001] Wed, 28 August 2002 04:58 Go to previous message
sahaslad
I will tell you what problem i am facing in brief:
I have made 2 database in Oracle first one was made by installing oracle itself and second which i made through the Database Configuration Assistant.
Now the problem is when there was the first database the script worked fine but when the second database was installed then i think the script was confused to which database to connect...

Any Suggestions.....

Waiting 4 reply....
Previous Topic: Porting Oracle 8 application from HPUX to Oracle 9i on IBM RS6000 AIX
Next Topic: ora error message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:23:45 CDT 2024