Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Streams replication from source and not from target (Oracle 11gr2 - Solaris)
Streams replication from source and not from target [message #550482] Mon, 09 April 2012 14:06 Go to next message
sanei05
Hi,
I have a following requirement that the streams replication.

1. A table is replicated to target (1 database).
2. Changes in source will be replicated to the target (T)database.
3. But the changes in the target should not affect the source (S)database data.
4. However, next time, if the changes is done on the same data in source, it should replicate the update value of source(S)database.

I enabled the 1-way replication, but the problem I have after testing is that , once the colA is updated in target (T) , the changes do not come to source (S) database. But in source (S) db, if i try to update, it updates only in local and not in target (T) as the old value in target (T) is different from source(S).

Can anybody advise me is there any possibilities in Streams replication to overcome this scenario.

Awaiting for guidance from anyone..

Thanks.
Sandy.
Re: Streams replication from source and not from target [message #550516 is a reply to message #550482] Tue, 10 April 2012 01:04 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I know there is a possibility changing the default rule or using a handler but I jave currently no time to search for it but they are explained in the documentation.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: setting up streams on 9i
Next Topic: streams efficiency - question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:54 CDT 2024